1. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    I'm not sure why this is even in question. You did the right thing. 100%.

I think it should be clear at this point that this girl is N.I.: Not Interested. Here's the hard part: she's not going to be.

If you're going to be her friend, that's all you're going to be and you'll have to accept it. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't spend time with her as friends unless she is an irrevocable part of your social group (don't cut out your other friends just to avoid her).

Making any further advances will be creepy. Don't.
    i wasnt planning on it. I never said i was, but everyone seems to(including her) think that i am. And what you described is sorta the issue. I cant spend time with the vast majority of my friends if i choose to avoid her.

My problem is i do just want to be her friend and i can't because i feel bad about how i acted before. I still have no idea if shes actually forgiven me, but i can't seem to forgive myself so why should she.(and what kind of friendship would it be if she was always worried i would try to be with her again)

Regardless of how i felt about her as more than a friend she was a pretty important part of my life for a long time, and it hurts that i have to give that up because for once i wanted more than a friendship.
    Last edited by Origomar; 2012-09-14 at 05:19 PM.