First bit of advice: pick a system to embrace, and run with it. (I'd suggest an OGL game like FATE.)

Now, here's a feature that I think could benefit well from such a treatment: "moves". In Apocalypse World (and its many spinoffs), character actions are crystallized into "moves". When a character does something, you find the move that applies. You roll 2d6 and add your stat, and it would go something like this...

Suss Out the Situation
When you examine the situation to see what the odds are, roll +Sharp
10+: Choose three of the following: you see a threat coming in time to be ready, you take +1 forward to your next Sharp move, an ally takes +1 forward to their next move, the MC cannot make a hard move to respond to your next move.
7-9: Choose two.
6 or less: Choose one: either the MC threatens you with unseen danger, or you take -1 ongoing until you successfully Suss Out the Situation.

(Terminology that may be confusing: a "hard move" means any time that the GM hurts the characters--it can't be avoided, so it's to be used sparingly...thus..."hard move". Also, the GM is called the "MC", because their job is to make the characters shine. Finally, +1 forward is a bonus to a future move, and -1 ongoing is a penalty to all moves until the condition is met.)

I would love to see a game that broke actions down like this. For instance, you could have buttons labeled like this...

Search the room to find a clue(Wits + Investigation)
Break something down (Strength + Resolve)
Run for dear life (Dexterity + Stamina)

The GM could use various "tags" and filters to limit which options were visible to players, and if they click on it, it opens a macro that automatically takes the action. That way, the player doesn't have to start thinking on a rules level; they can think on the "I want to do this, how do I do that?" level.