Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
Well, the cooldown could scale. Maybe it's only one AA at low levels, and it gains one every other rank. E could certainly have a boost to stats, but frankly, Zilean gets by fine with one ability devoted to CDR. Maybe Q is a really big on-next-attack modifier fluffed as shooting several rounds all at once. Maybe W is really long range (as in Noct Ult sort of range) and can be a skillshot if you can't see the area to target someone. What I thought of is more a mechanic than a champ design, but I think it could work if the exact abilities are done right. I don't pretend to know how to balance this stuff, which is why I didn't put in any numbers.
I misunderstood you a little earlier.

I think self-CC, by its nature, is a less-than-fun mechanic. It can be made to work, but the pay-offs generally need to be quite large.

What I understood you to mean was a CD that had no time requirement, just measured in autos required before coming off cooldown. Such a skill could be more easily balanced, and champions who have CD-reduction on hit(spell or auto) are plentiful enough that this is more of a logical extension of those concepts.

Also, as written, the E is basically a non-ult version of Jayce and Nidale ults, but with smaller access to what skills it unlocks.