We traveled until we chose to rest here, in Hulburg for a time. It was here I was...I was.... "[/B]. Her tears start to flow..."I was blessed by Saint Culbert. It was then that I last say him, some 17 summers ago."

As Mary starts to sobs, Miriam starts crying again, her voice full of pain and despair.
'Mary, Calric was my teacher too. Our stories are similar. I was a young pathetic maid in a church of St. Cuthbert, abandoned by her own farming family. I knew nothing. He taught me every thing..... He told me about the search for the Mace That Never Forget. He told me the story about the sorceress lich. But he told me that the apprentice was a young man that perished. He never mentioned you. He said that was his biggest failure. He never mentioned fathering a child. He told me that I was his soul mate.'

She stops as the pain is too strong. She takes deep breath to try to recompose herself but it results in more tears. Finally, after a lot of efforts, she says 'Where is your son? Can I see him? He looks just like him but younger.'

She stops again and gathers what ever little strength and courage she has left. 'Mary, I need to ask you a very private question. Did he deflower you? If yes, how long before you ended up in Hulburg. He did deflower me. He was my first and only. I wanted to wait for our wedding night but he said it would be better if I had some experience. He knew everything as he kept reminding me that I am a simple farm girl who knows nothing. Not long after taking my maidenhood, he died.'

She finally stops exhausted. Her life is unraveling in front of her eyes. could it be that Calric, the man she adored more than everything was not that he portrayed to be. He never mentioned Mary. He never mentioned his son. What is the truth she wonders?