Quote Originally Posted by SirAxealot View Post
Warblade - more of an offense/defense balance than the Crusader, full BAB. Seems like it uses INT a lot, which worries me.
Nah, he only uses INT for a couple of bonuses in a couple of situations (REF Saves, Confirming Crits, extra damage vs flat-footed/flanked opponents, AoOs). While nice to have it is by no means necessary. If you want a couple of skills you will probably have INT around 14 anyways. That should be enough.

Totem Barbarian - Not 100% sure how this works. Seems like I can take a level or two in one Lion, then another level or two in Wolf?
No, you pick one totem and that is it.

Martial Rogue - what exactly is the practical difference between this and a fighter? Or for that matter, the rogue fighter and a normal Rogue
Better class skills and more skill points.

- I'm a little confused as to how BAB advancement works. If I take, say, 6 levels of barbarian, which would be BAB +6/+1 and then a level of Fighter, would I be getting the +1 for Fighter 1 or the +7/+2 of Fighter 7?
You add the +1 from fighter to the BAB advances from any other class, so in the above scenario it is +7/+2
- Will I have range issues with polearms? I'm liking the image of an incredibly pissed dude with a polearm flying through the air and introducing his weapon to people's brains via their skull, but if i then get smacked around for being too close it kinda blows...
Not really. You can always make a 5ft step before attacking so you can use your polearm. the drawback is that you don't threaten adjacent squares with your polearm. That's what armor spikes are for.

i don't mind dealing with complex stuff, I expect that once I'm actually playing I'll figure it out quick, and even though I want to play a mad dude I don't want to sit there going "I hit it with my sword" for the 37th time in the night...
I'm currently playing a Lion Spirit totem Barbarian2/Fighter2/Warblade4 with the old pounce, power attack, improved bull rush, shock trooper routine. It is fun. You can hit tem hard but through maneuvers you have more than the one Charge! option. I have yet to use the tow other options Shock Trooper gives.