If Rose is bothered by the other Kalina's sudden surge of confidence or her claims, it doesn't show on her face. Calmly she takes the stage, walks straight up to her other half and stares straight at her. Her eyes swirl with a mix of anger, jealousy, and... something far more gentle and confusing. Rose cracks her neck, and shrugs.

"Don't be ridiculous. The second I show my face you fly off the handle and scream about superiority and trampling your enemies and calling for my arrest. Do you think I don't know you? You've let me see you panic, and now you posture and push so that you can be the bully again.

You have no concept of true sacrifice, and no idea what the stakes of the game we're playing are. Did you honestly believe that someone like Him would plop you down here so you could fix the world and accomplish all sorts of great and wonderful things? Don't be ridiculous!"

Rose laughs scornfully, one hand clenching into a fist tight enough to draw blood, which patters drop by mercury drop onto the stage.

"I'm not here tonight to hurt you. That depends on what you do from now on. But you will stop dodging my question, here and now. Are you a woman like me? Do you bloody your hands for justice or necessity? What are you prepared to do to get what you want? And more importantly than anything, what are you going to do when He comes back to shine a spotlight on you?"