Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
First: the system itself. Combat and Magic.
Second: things derived from this. This most likely comes down to Feats and Spells, though Skills should come before the Feats. A talk on combining skills seems important at that point.
Middle: creatures. By this I mean both monsters and races, and of course trying to see if we should make monsters available as playable. We could turn the intelligent monsters into classes, of course, which would make them need to be put much further down the line, while also giving us quite an extra workload at the end.
Last: the classes. They depend on everything else, so they should come last. PrCs, or whatever they'll be replaced with, should of course be a part of this. Also, make base classes as broad as possible. Leave the better stuff up to PrCs or their replacement, or a path within a class.
Afterwards: setting stuff things? Core has, for instance, some info on the Planes, as well as gods. This is the parts that I love doing. Heck, I'd even throw in forms of religion that aren't polytheistic for good measure, all justified and well.
Yeah, I think you've got the right approach here.