View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Can you? Most people take the evolution that increases your melee damage by 75% when you killed a target with krogan charge in the last 30 seconds. That's the problem, you have to build a completeluy defensive krogan to check. I'd swear there was a noticeable difference, too. But who knows?
    Funny story - my Battlemaster was only 17, and before that my only Vanguards have been Novaguards, Project Phoenix and Slayers. So I didn't actually have Martial Artist yet. Just got it last night, but I packed it in before I could test it.

Tonight I'll get him to 20, take the 2-rage evo, and test my defense with some rocket troopers and get back to you. If rage doesn't work... well, at least I'll still have Martial Artist, and can refocus on damage-soaking otherwise.

My latest build sacrificed the passive training skill, so I'd have everything. I realized that if the rage boosts really don't work though, then the extra point to rage with two kills is wasted and put them into the passive. I've got a 41% recharge, I think. He's a heck of a backline, no-bones-about-it krogan. Not all in theenemy's face, but definitely my team's answer to the cerberus turret.
    See, my view is - if you're going to go with a hang-back-and-spank Krogan, you may as well get one with grenades, which do way more damage than Carnage can hope to.

OTOH, the Battlemaster seems to have stagger resistance nearly on par with a Devastator Mode Destroyer. It generally takes two Primes AND a rocket trooper to stunlock me, and they have to be sneaky about it.

The premium Spectre packs are totally worth it. You'll get rares, at least 2 in a pack, dsometimes more, and you'll also be able to get the uncommons and commons at a much slower pace. What you want to do is max pout a single useful gun of choice from the veteran packs (I suggest Phaeston, Geth Pulse Rifle or Mantis; Phalanx and Tempest are good too) and then devote the rest of your time to PSPs until you're satisfied.
    GPR is rare actually, so maxing it out of Vet packs is going to take awhile. (It's also generally not worth it - factoring in the reload times, the Avenger does more dps! Well, except at stupidly long ranges.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-09-26 at 09:09 AM.
    Alphonse Elric by Fay Graydon
    Extended Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.