1. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You know the funny thing about when you're sarcastic? Your avatar's smirk always makes me read it in an "amused" tone of voice. It's awesome.

On topic though... Do people here believe they were born with their sexual orientation (and specifically only that)? I ask because I was called homophobic and closeted today for saying I didn't believe I was born with my sexuality. Funnily enough he stormed off before I could point out I was bisexual and thought that it was partially social and environmental, but... yeah...

I don't believe humans can voluntarily change their sexual orientation (well, not with the inadequate neurological technology humans have developed as of this writing anyway), and from my own experience I have to wonder how much of it is a matter of posturing rather than substance, but I also don't believe that it's fixed before it develops. So... other people's opinions?
    If I wasn't born with my sexuality I want to know where in the nine ****s I got it. Trust me, I was not in an environment conductive to it in any way.

That said, I'm open to the possibility that some people have fluid sexual orientation while others don't.
    Last edited by turkishproverb; 2012-09-28 at 12:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !