1. - Top - End - #162
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitp 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    They don't. They have to let you know you are part of a trial, and that it may involve getting a placebo, but they aren't having you sign a document about
    PLACEBOS, and that you might be taking PLACEBOS and should have conversations about PLACEBOS with your doctor. PLACEBOS. They don't make a big deal of it, because teu don't have to. There's no reason for patients to be suspicious, especially if they volunteered for the trial (which is the standard, as I understand it). The kind of people who would worry about whether they are getting a placebo or not is not the type who would be willing to go through a test anyway. Isn't that job like, discussing side effects an stuff too? The list of side effects from medicines nowadays is worse than the ailment usually.
    I figured they didn't. I was expressing doubts about the idea proposed by noparlpf who appeared to me to want to do something slightly less extreme but no less emphatic.

My point was that I don't think it's a good idea to place undue emphasis on the placebo when you're prepping people for the experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Yeah. I usually do when I'm in girl mode.
    Well... Now you know not to? It seems painful enough to not want to repeat at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the what's-his-name effect, though I never remember the name, and the issues in the kibbutzim.
    Westermarck or Westermark, I think.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-09-28 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide