Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
I and doesnt measure their actual skill in battle, or how well their defence would hold against 8-9 different opponents all blasting low level offensive magic towards them.

Just as an example, while Cana did scored the highest on the test, would you belive her to stand any chance whatsoever in a 1 vs 1 with Jura or Orga?
With the exception of Cana, I suspect the MPF does show skill in battle reasonably well, although mostly as an associated/correlated talent: People who have kinds of magic that perform well on MPF (that is, primarily direct combat-related bursts) will also likely have been practicing how to apply said direct combat talents. As for wave tactics/concentrated fire from significantly weaker opponents.. I'm pretty sure mages on the level of Orga and certainly Jura can functionally just ignore it, either with a basic defensive spell or by being Just That Strong. It's a pretty common Shounen thing, and I don't recall anything happening that shows that it doesn't apply in Fairy Tail.

For the question of Cana specifically: She's a Fairy Tail S-class candidate. None of those are people you can safely underestimate. That said, my guess is that she'd need to be granted another shot of Fairy Glitter in order to beat Orga or Jura; without it, she may have the necessary magic power reserves, but the kinds of magic we've seen her do so far don't have the face-smashing power and applications to duel with the styles Orga and Jura use.