Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
Fleetwing started walking as well, always staying ahead of her so at least he was the one choosing a direction. If she was a bandit or Raider, he figured he could take her, just so long as he didn't let her lead him into a trap. Still, if she was some sort of a trap, her sob story was making it harder and harder to be suspicious. "Violetta...I think you're gonna have a lot to learn about this world." His expression softened, and he glanced up at the sky, looking for that patch of light clouds that told him where the sun was. "Yeah, it matters a ton where we go. Most of the places in this world aren't safe, and you don't go to some cities unless you have a death wish. And I don't know how much food or water you're carrying, but we should probably get to where we're going in a hurry."

It took some searching, but the cowardly pegasus finally got his bearings. He had known roughly where the previous settlement was on a map, but he'd just run in a random direction for a good while; no telling where he was now. "Now if I got this right...I think there's a small settlement to the east that I haven't heard anything bad about. That might be our best bet." He started heading eastward at a brisk pace, looking back every few minutes to make sure Violetta was keeping up alright.
"Not safe? What's going on?" Violetta followed as best she could, still confused. "I'll have to find a..." Her mind was still so clouded over that she had to search hard to find the right word. "...library, or something. Everything's too fuzzy."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
There is, indeed, a settlement to the east. Or at least, there appears to be something. A small pillar of smoke is rising from under a partially collapsed highway overpass between two rocky hillsides.
Violetta sniffed the air. "Well, better to go somewhere than nowhere." She then started trotting towards the smoke, eager to find out more.