Does anyone here what the linguistic term is for the unit of sounds between morphem and word?

- A sound is a phone.
- Sounds that are treated as being interchangable and are represented by the same letter are allophones of each other, even though they are different sounds. (Like how a rolled R and not-rolled R are both just an R for most of us.)
- A group of allophones is called a phonem. (Like D'oh! )
- A set of phonemes that carries information is a morphem. (Like "walk" is made from one morphem and "-ing" from one morphem, and "walking" is made from two morphems.)
- A set of morphems (though it can be a set of just 1) combined with a meaning is a word.

But if we have someone who for the first time hears the word "cedit card" yet for strange reason is able to ask us in English "What does [credit card] mean?", he is asking what information this string of phonemes has for us. What is the lingustic term for such a string of phonems?

(Smartassery: Yes, you could says credit card is two word but someone who doesn't know how it is written could not tell the difference.
Bonus Points: Yes, credit card has to morphems "credit" and "card", which each mean something by themselves.)