I saw it, and must say was surprised at how good it was, and dissapointed at how good it could have been, and yet wasn't.

If you take it on a superficial level, and just go with what you're handed, then you'll love the movie. It's heartfelt, well written, well acted, and even if Levit's makeup is a bit of a distraction, it's not that bad and you can understand what they were going for. He does a good job with it, and Willis does a fairly good job of toning back his . . . Willis-ness I guess.

However. If you watch it with your brain in gear and fully operational, you're going to be a little cheesed off. There was so much potential that just wasn't realized IMO.

Spoiler
Show
The whole shtick about not killing the younger looper until 30 years when he's boxed into the machine and sent back left me absolutely screaming at the end wondering what the consequences would be for young Joe killing himself and wiping old Joe out of existence. What, exactly, would be the results of that?

It's apparant that the change was minimal since, for some reason, nothing else changed around him even though we know that the results of him being alive were the birth of the "Rainmaker" big boss. So, I'm guessing that, despite all of this, the Rainmaker still rises to power and goes to town, created by some other event.

At the end of the movie, you should be sitting there smacking yourself in the forehead wondering "and then what!?!?!" But it's plain that the movie doesn't want you to actually ask that question, pretending instead that everything's wrapped up in a neat little bow. Unless they're setting up for a sequel and the ending was a sequel hook that only geniuses or obsessive compulsives who think to much would get.