1. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: God Save the Queen, Indeed: Let's Play Long Live the Queen!

The other yuri option was hair-pullingly difficult to get without a walkthrough. I think I had to do like 3 or 4 separate playthroughs before I finally aced that event, because it just has way too many unrelated skill checks that I'd have never have guessed would have been relevant. It was all "Okay, I got this far...what, now I have to have (insert useless skill here)?! Fine, I'll do this again, this time I better...you've got to be kidding me, I also need (insert useless skill here) as well?!?"

Totally not worth the effort, as far as I'm concerned. But then again, I like challenging myself in this game. For example, I like playing through with the handicap of barring two schools of skills and seeing if I can still win the game. I've succeeded with Physical and Mystical as my barred schools, even ignoring Economics and Military too, and got a pretty good ending with just the top 6 skill groups. I think most other combinations of 2 schools can also win the game, although some are forced to end up with bad endings where you technically survive to the coronation, but at the expense of pretty much everyone and everything you care about.

This Let's Play makes me want to do more runthroughs, haha. I think my next challenge will be a "perfect" run where I will prevent every single preventable death in the game, both my own and that of the dozens of other characters that can die, whether good or not-so-good. Except the soldiers in the military (but they don't have names or even titles, so who cares). I'm not sure if this is even possible, and if it is, it'll probably require very careful micromanagement of which skills to learn and when to learn them. But hey, gotta push the limits, right? That's the essence of a Choose Your Own Adventure title.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2012-10-03 at 01:31 AM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight