View Single Post

Thread: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

1. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

@DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought the fog started in the morning. Derp. In that case, I do fly out an hour before the fog is supposed to form. I first do a quick once over the town, high enough to avoid any more annoying flying heads, but low enough to be able to make out individual objects. I am looking for movement, and trying to count the number of undead within the town. I then try to head west to the church, to see if anything is happening there. After which, I will fly towards the indicated direction of Eva's camp and try to see what I can there.
    (+9 modifers for all of them)
    Spot check for town:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]

Spot check for church:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]

Spot check for camp:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]

Afterwards, I fly as physically high as I can try to look at the region of Barovia as a whole. There I will wait for the fog to form, after which I will to try to spot where the fog is coming from.

Spot check for fog:
    [roll]1d20[/roll]

@Ryan
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I am saying the same thing to Aaron, I just didn't want it to look too suspicious. You can check the boxes in this post to see what I am saying to Peter and Aaron)

I find Ryan and Adolamin and talk to them in a place where no one can overhear us.

Gentlemen, we have a quandary to address. This Revan is a potential threat to all of us, and Barovia as a whole. I am certain that he is some form of Undead. You saw how he reacted to my cure spell, and when I looked at his body to see what was causing his seizure, I noticed that it was not behaving like a regular, healthy human body. It was more like some sort of childish imitation. Master Bard, you have surely heard of many strange stories, do you know of what form of undead Riven could be? (knowledge: religion check time!)

I suspect he is using some of illusion magic to mask his true nature. I would strongly advise you to keep this secret for the moment, we do not need to incite a riot. Furthermore, he commanded the undead. Goodly priests are not capable of wielding such power, and I find it extremely unlikely that a god of the Sun such as Pelor would grant such power. Whatever god he worships, it is unlikely that it has good intentions for Barovia. I suggest we all share our notes about what we know or can figure out about him.

I will sleep a lot easier at night once we have figured out what to make of him. What do you two propose we do?

@Adolimin
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I am saying the same thing to Jan, I just didn't want it to look too suspicious. You can check the boxes in this post to see what I am saying to Peter and Jan)

I find Ryan and Adolamin and talk to them in a place where no one can overhear us.

Gentlemen, we have a quandary to address. This Revan is a potential threat to all of us, and Barovia as a whole. I am certain that he is some form of Undead. You saw how he reacted to my cure spell, and when I looked at his body to see what was causing his seizure, I noticed that it was not behaving like a regular, healthy human body. It was more like some sort of childish imitation. Master Bard, you have surely heard of many strange thing, do you know what form of undead Riven could be? (knowledge: religion check time!)

I suspect he is using some of illusion magic to mask his true nature. I would strongly advise you to keep this secret for the moment, we do not need to incite a riot. Furthermore, he commanded the undead. Goodly priests are not capable of wielding such power, and I find it extremely unlikely that a god of the Sun such as Pelor would grant such power. Whatever god he worships, it is unlikely that it has good intentions for Barovia. I suggest we all share our notes about what we know or can figure out about him.

I will sleep a lot easier at night once we have figured out what to make of him. What do you two propose we do?

@Riven
    Spoiler
    Show
    During watch that night, Myrddin glances out into the deep fog. He turns back to Riven and says in a rather pointed tone Is there anything you want to say to me?
    Last edited by Rofltrollcopter; 2012-10-06 at 11:33 PM.