Market Guard to Doctor Vassari (7)
Spoiler
Show

Much obliged.

Peacocks to Doctor Vassari (7)
Spoiler
Show

We'd be interested in both Blacksgage and the UAL, though admittedly we don't have much experience with labor disputes and the like.

Bookbinder's Guild to Blacksgage District Council (5)
Spoiler
Show

Any plan that sees the district at large patrolled by a local watch and which sees this Guild used to rebuild the library is perfectly fine with us.

Bookbinder's Guild to Doctor Vassari (7)
Spoiler
Show

We had hoped as much. We will prepare an address to the SGA immediately.

The Conductor to Doctor Vassari (7)
Spoiler
Show

sIR,

i hAvE aLL THaT I MIgHT NeeD iN ALLSCROSS. thE posITION Is pErfect for mY woRk, thE COInS fLOW SMOOTHLY, anD THe ExchAngE IS NEARBY. WHAT MORE COULD I DESIRE FROM YOU?

Delathion to Doctor Vassari (7)
Spoiler
Show

I am always interested in the exchange of knowledge, good Doctor! Though I am afraid I must point out that my position as dean of the Church healing school may make my interests conflict with that of Daimot in regards to acquiring new faculty and artifacts.

Thelonius (PM)
Spoiler
Show

Conductor Rep: 0
Delathion Rep: 1

White-Stripe Mages:

CRAZY ****.

(I can't come up with any funny projects at the moment, so I'll leave that to you)

The Exchange to House Wallen (6)
Spoiler
Show

Good day, sir.

I am today representing a coalition of bankers and moneychangers from both the Exchange and Changer's Row. The loan you have requested is a large one, as I am sure you are aware, and as such we would have to have some kind of guarantee that we would get our money back, with interest. I am sure you understand. If you could just sign here, please?

OOC: Offering 12 WEL loan, repaid with 15 WEL (this includes interest)

Bookbinder's Guild to SGA (PM)
Spoiler
Show

Good day, sirs. Doctor Vassari has invited me as a representative of the Bookbinder's Guild to attend this council. My assistants are removing the cobwebs and various squatters from our old guild house here as we speak. I trust my presence in this hall is acceptable to you? Yes?

I come before you today to talk about monopolies. We each have our own areas of expertise that we, as Guilds formed of the most talented people in the field, like to and deserve to have monopolies over. Having someone without the standards of the Sausage Guild taking care of the city's meat, for example, would be tremendously dangerous to the well-being of the average citizen. The Guild ensures quality, but to do so all work in a field must be done through the Guild. It is for this reason that my organization has a standing policy of seeking out and destroying presses that are outside of our control. With a press, any fool can create thousands of poorly-written pamphlets of incendiary ideas and drop them into the powder keg that is Runner's City. With a press, the city could burn. We do not wish to see that happen.

It is for this reason that we would like to request that the Technists Guild please stop producing and distributing their hand presses. I know you mean well, that you think it is just good business, but it is harmful to the quality of discourse in this city when uninformed, unedited treatises begin appearing on the streets.