View Single Post

Thread: Wealthless Players

1. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Wealthless Players

Quote Originally Posted by yougi View Post
    Mechanically, it is exactly the same: instead of selling their +1 sword to buy a +2 sword, they pay in [insert currency] to improve it, and instead of it being in town, they actually are in [whatever place you need to be at for the ritual].
    [PC raises sword to Druid circle in front of the biggest tree of the forest]

PC: "O wisest elder shamans, perform the Ritual of the Flaming Blade, infuse my weapon with the power of fire, to vanquish Baron Von Evil and his minions!"

Druid: [wryly examines sword] "Seven grand. Take it or leave it"

PC: "But... I have no-"

Druid: "You some kinda retarded? Listen, kid, we got bills to pay, and we 'aint exactly running a charity here. Cough up the dough, or get out, 'fore I have Smokey here pull yer head off" [motions with head toward a rather fierce-looking Dire Bear]

PC:
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2012-10-08 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    By level 20 though, you aren't capturing a wizard. A character lives to level 20 by being the most ruthless, lucky, capable, and paranoid bastard around. A wizard is throwing around a 30+ Int score and has, entirely in character, planned contingencies for his contingencies. He may well be running around with flat out total immunity to harm, he does not walk outside without an entire bevy of defensive magics around him and enough magic items to buy himself a nation.