Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
Hmmm...just got an Argus from a Veteran pack. I think I'll take it for a spin with my Krogan soldier.
I suggest putting a recoil dampener on it, otherwise i's not even good for more than a hot and a half. I threw a recoil dampener on a turian soldier, primed marksman for accuracy and RoF and it was pretty decent at rank IV, but it is just too innacurate for my tastes. The spread of bullets from a single shot is about as innacurate as the revenant; the bullets go straight, but they dont always spawn at the muzzle. its awesome at mid range, and can be effective at long range, but up close you are more likely to miss than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Farix View Post
Just finished up my first Collector match and I've got to say it was pretty fun. Scions and Praetorians are back as the elites and they are evil. Scions ditched their shockwave ability for a multi-grenade toss and are just as melee unfriendly as Brutes. Praetorians act like a cross between a Banshee and an Atlas, sporting eye beams and a rapid movement ability where they float a lot faster than they can walk (left one alone as it was across the map and turned around a minute later to find it in my face). Don't think the Scions have an instant kill ability but their melee range is larger than you'd think, Praetorians do from the look of the commercial they put out but I didn't stick around them long enough to test it. The regular troops weren't anything too special except the Abominations (husks) explode when dying, so letting them into melee range is a bad thing. Units can get possessed ala Harbinger, gives them a substantial power boost, nothing like a possessed Scion to snipe you across half the map with their Ravager-esk cannons. Seeker swarms are out and massively slow down your cooldowns when you get swarmed, and I think they might set up an explosion combo on you with dying Abominations, not really sure but something kept exploding.

*Abominations explode like a Cain blast when they're possessed as opposed to their regular grenade level explosion, has nothing to do with Seekers*

Played on the challenge version of Dagger and with a sandstorm coming in your vision is drastically reduced, dunno if this will affect things like Hunter mode though.

In other news the biotic god has arrived, Volus are now in the multiplayer including the biotic, which while it lacks the Biotic Wind ability I was hoping for the description does reference Volus as being Biotic Gods. Seems that that list of new characters was spot on, looks like it'll be an interesting mixture of classes and powers.
What? Oh man, the new release! And here I am, with no Xbox live to speak of.

Gorammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
Well I'll be damned. They did add the Volus. Can't wait to play one. One of them is another purely tech-using Sentinel...
GORAMMIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
Ah, so I was right about the Turian Vanguard being wishful thinking.

Not that I'm against the concept in principle, but given that Turians tend to embody all the worst traits you could put in a Vanguard - namely, the mobility of a krogan without the durability, or perhaps the durability of a Drell without the mobility - I just couldn't see charging going well for them.
No, actually! They gave the turian soldier or whatever a nonbiotic charge. That's exactly what I said would happen. I'm satisfied.

Also, Turiants would make good, classic vanguards. Stronger melee than normal, decent wind up, and able to stabilize their shotguns. Charge, knife, blma blam blam. Classic.

And drell actually have less shields than others. Turian base is 750, isn't it? That's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Alright, since I have the four characters available on the DLC's initial release...

The new turians are great, the Ghost Infiltrator can be built as a melee monster. The Havoc Soldier's new power, Havoc Strike, is effectively a combat Charge that doesn't restore shields. Both of them have a new power, Stimulant Kit, that uses grenade supply and provides both a shield boost (ranging between 2000 and 4000 dependent on your evolution choices) and a damage boost. All around, they're very nifty, and solid rare characters.

The volus adept and engineer, on the other hand, are ultra-rare characters, and I'm still trying to get to grip with them. They start with 150 health and 500 shields, combat roll, and cannot take cover. Their light melee activates a tactical cloak off cooldown, and their heavy melee erects a force field to vastly reduce their damage taken. In addition, they both possess the volus signature power, Shield Boost, which provides a hefty burst of shield restoration to the volus and all allies within range. I've chosen to go for the capacity restoration evolution path for both the volus characters, giving them and nearby allies 8000 shields for 12 seconds. Yes, 8000 shields. That's not a typo.

The volus adept also packs Stasis, and a new power called Biotic Spheres. Activating it initiates cooldown, creating three spheres. Each sphere provides a hefty cooldown bonus whilst up, and can be fired off at no cooldown for moderate damage and biotic detonation. It can be evolved for a good area of effect and a decent debuff to provide more utility against unprimed targets.

The engineer packs Proximity Mine and the new Recon Mine, an handy little power. Upon casting, it initiates cooldown. Once placed, the mine takes a while to become active. Once it does, it reveals all enemies close to it. You can also tap the button again to detonate the mine, causing heavy damage. Useful, if you can place it somewhere handy.
ugh. Waaaaaaaaaaaaant! (:f