Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
The one thing driving me nuts though: Panic levels! Mein gott, everyone is panicking and satellites take ages to build! (That's not even including the uplinks!) No one has left the council yet, but I'm convinced it won't be long. Germany would have had I not gotten lucky with a Terror Mission there and dropped their panic back to 1.
Yeah, I'm getting worried about that myself. I'm in month 2, and still working with just two satellites. It's becoming obvious that I'll need to get more up quick, but money and the supplies needed are a tad low right now. Might have some trouble in the future.

I will also admit that the HUGE size of the male soldiers really makes me think "Space Marines" from WH40k... which inevitably prompts me to wonder where the researches are for "Bolter" and "Chainsword".
Yeah, I noticed that to - well, not the WH40k thing, since I'm not familiar with that, but the design of the male soldiers being so huge. It's off-putting, especially since the characters I'm naming/designing mine after are all or normal or skinny builds, being from Japanese games and all.

As for losses... I believe I'm up to 7 so far, mostly rookies, but I lost my favorite Support soldier too - that was incredibly disappointing. Lucky crit got her, bleh. But that's X-Com for ya.
I had my first (at the time only) support soldier get hit hard in a mission not long ago. He went into some kind of critical state, which required a medkit to fix, and none of my other soldiers had one. Fortunately I finished the mission before he bled out, so he survived, but has to spend something like 13 days in recovery.

Spoiler
Show
I've found starting in Asia a very useful thing due to the 50% discount on Officer Training and Engineering things. It's stretched my meagre money supply quite a bit further since (so far) selling corpses and the like isn't worth a whole heck of a lot.
Spoiler
Show
You were allowed to start in Asia? I only had the option of North America or Europe. Went with North America basically at random, because I wasn't sure which one would be more useful.

A question: is there any way to control what class a unit gets upon initial promotion? Because I've gotten something like five heavies already, but still have only one sniper and assault, which is a bit frustrating.

Zevox