Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I still call balderdash. Post-charge, a backflip or sideflip is the quickest way to get out of dangerous synch-kill territory - a Banshee's grab or Phantom's impale don't care how full your shields are. And while you can mostly avoid these by charging from behind, it's by no means guaranteed, especially on higher difficulties where one of the problem units can be hiding (or suddenly appear, in a Banshee's case) in the midst of the cluster you were targeting.
Phantoms are a non-issue, since Charge staggers them. Follow up with shotgun fire (or Nova, if Human) and they're an easy kill. Charging a Banshee at any time when she's not otherwise occupied is just dumb, so if you get killed by that, it's your own fault.

Then there's surviving after the charge. Yeah, you have full shields, but once the invincibility frames go away, you're very likely out in the open and taking fire. A Krogan can soak up nightmarish amounts of that to get to cover. while drell/N7/Asari can use a series of short hops to get away, and the human of course can get an extra stagger in (as well as having his own roll.) Turians... not so much.
Turians could soak up plenty of damage to run to cover if they needed to (Krogan actually don't need to get to cover most of the time, as they can survive long enough to Charge again if they just keep fighting). Especially if they were given Barrier, or another power that increased their survivability somehow.

It's not so much that I think they're made of tissue. I know Turians are good. It's just that, if I want to be tough-Vanguard, there's a better option, and if I want to be speedy-Vanguard, there's a better option, and if I want to be mage-Vanguard, there's a better option. I don't really see a place for them.
You could say that about he Ex-Cerberus Vanguard as well, yet we have him nonetheless. Just because you can't imagine a specific role wherein a Turian Vanguard would be better than every other Vanguard doesn't mean that one would be a bad class, not by any stretch.

Zevox