1. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Advice me up: What to get? (PS2, PS3, & XBox360-related)

From games that weren't mentioned yet, I suggest the various Guilty Gears for the PS2 and BlazBlue for the PS3/360. They are fighting games with great 2d animations, awesome music, a cast of really eccentric characters and, most importantly, a focus on the story mode instead of just tacking it on and adding a cheesy generic storyline about a tournament or some crap. Especially BlazBlue, whose story mode is really more like a visual novel with fights from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Don't know what the Zero Punctuation review says of it, but I didn't come to that conclusion. Quite the contrary, I thought it felt like an incomplete idea for a game. It had a couple of good ideas for boss fights spread extremely thin over sixteen of them, a "story" that felt more like an outline since absolutely nothing was explained, and... well, basically nothing else, really. I played it because I kept hearing from its fans online that it was amazing, but I found it totally lacking. Probably the most disappointing game I've played when compared to what I heard about it beforehand, actually.

Zevox
    I think you're just not the kind of person who'd get captivated by that game's atmosphere. Because atmosphere is really the thing that makes SotC such a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    I think the gameplay was the greatest problem. Fighting starts to become interesting so very late in the game. It just takes forever for the game to introduce all the elements of the combat system. The primary combat mechanic isn't intrudiced until the end of the 4th level and up to that point it's always Auto-attack for every character against every enemy. If they had put the entire tutorial in the first level, it might have been a lot better.
    Yeah, you spend the first 2-3 hours mostly auto-attacking and using potions and Blitz/Grenade from time to time... Which is pretty damn similar to how almost every other FF game out there starts. And after that you get the class system and the gameplay becomes interesting.

On a sidenote, I'd like to know what all those people who say that FF13 has a 20-hour tutorial are smoking.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2012-10-11 at 07:41 AM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Super Robot Wars Unification - large-scale mecha game, now running, always recruiting!
    Spoiler
    Show