View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    While it does cost more monetarily, you need to look at the opportunity cost as well. Your roommate seems to value their free time more than you do (in a monetary sense) and hence accepts the added expense of continually buying things rather than the alternative of using up free time and less money. Compromise would probably be the best here. Sure buy some disposable stuff but also show them that some things are quick and easy to clean (or whatever) and that it is worthwhile to have permanent things in those situations.
    It's more an issue that he tends to assume that certain things are "trash" because he's always seen them as disposable (e.g his family never got or kept receipts, so if he's cleaning and finds a receipt he'll throw it away, resulting in an annoyed housemate who wanted to take something back).

It's also just a big issue for me because I'm trying to avoid loans at all costs, and I make barely enough money to cover. If I have to replaced something, then I can't go out anywhere for that month.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2012-10-11 at 01:04 PM.
    Masked Mage thanks to smuchmuch!

Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!