Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
[snip]And even I spend between one half and two hours on the majority of my PC games before I got them running in way that is playable.[snip]
I have seen this thrown around a lot, and I've got a question in regards to this.

My background: I'm an IT systems professional, so I realize I take things for granted that are absolutely incomprehensible for standard users.

That being said, what do you do for the 30 minutes to two hours? What do you have to do to get the games running?
Of all the games I have installed and played over the last, say, 6 or 7 years, I had exactly ONE that gave me a hard time - Skyrim. With pretty much every other game it was
- run installer
- choose location
- let it install
- run launcher
(- maybe let it install an update)
- click "play"

I don't have a high-end rig, but that's pretty much everything. So, unless you're counting the "Time used for installation" into your estimate, I really don't see where you'd need upwards of half an hour per game to get it running. Unless the rig in question is loaded with lots of extraneous "security" software or has hopelessly outdated drivers or something.

Nothing against you personally, but I see that thrown around a lot, and it really irks me. What do you people DO with your poor PCs?