Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
The highlander didn't focus on skills or tricks over just knowing many various swordsmanship styles. This class only focuses on maneuvers and nothing else. Also, what do you mean by needing to fix the recovery mechanic?
Look in the book and my post before. If a class doesn't have an in-battle recovery mechanic they have to prepare between each encounter through a series of exercises. You actually didn't make an in-battle recovery mechanic as maneuvers always stay until expended.
"A holistic warrior may ready no more or less than 6 maneuvers (this number may not be increased through feats). He readies his maneuvers by exercising for 5 minutes. The maneuvers he chooses remain readied until he decides to exercise again and change them. He need not sleep or rest for any long period of time to ready his maneuvers; any time he spends 5 minutes in practice, he can change his readied maneuvers. When he uses a maneuver he may not use it again for 1d4-1 rounds thereafter."
You didn't mention any form of regaining in battle a maneuver so all you did was give a waiting period to the much needed Adaptive Style feat tax.
Like I said I know you didn't mean that but as I have and Amercha said there isn't any incentive to stay in this class after level 1 even if you edit it the way you want. As of now this class has little to no style and theme.