Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
The FC2 material is a retcon of the Planescape material that both puts more of a Judeo-Christian spin on things with the new falling/corruption interpretation (because WotC is annoying like that) and gets plenty of stuff wrong (archons, not angels, are lawful, and the demons weren't the first evil or chaotic creatures around). For more information, see here.
Ah, makes sense, I read them after a DM told me to read them to prepare for campaign and he is a pretty heavily planescape influenced guy, who almost always runs his cosmos the planescape way.

Anyway, enough about that, as its starting to go off-topic.

But on a related on-topic note:

I hate worlds where the books establish a creation myth as being the canon truth, while there is no way that people inside the world would actually know if it was true.

Think oWoD was guilty of this; Reading the VtM books made it pretty clear that the real creation myth was very close to the judeo-Christian creation myth with a few spins on it.

There was no reason any characters in the game world would have more certainty about it than characters from our world, but by establishing it as almost a fact in the canon, I had players who would get upset if there was any hint ingame that creation happened another way