1. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Princess: The Hopeful

Storyteller

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    Erin Watson
    Spoiler
    Show
    Erin's evening had been far from idle - she had spent several hours online, trying to find every piece of information she could about the Cult of Broken Dreams. Google, wikis, news archives, any other Radiant who could be reached online...This was the Information Age, after all.

The next day, however, it was time for Internet denizen Erin Watson to fade into the background, and for the Soul of Reason to step forward. Once she had reached the improvised HQ, she had quickly joined the others in interrogating Gerald.

"Look...we don't have to be enemies. You're hurt. You're scared. But even if you and we disagree on a lot of things, that doesn't mean we want to hurt you.

Generally speaking, people who end up opposed to each other just don't understand each other well enough. So, how about you start by telling us your story? I don't think it started with you being shot at in our high school, obviously!"
    Erin’s research attempts landed her some information, gathered from scattered bits of news and information on the internet. The Cult of Broken Dreams has been associated with several suicides and deaths around the country, though almost never explicitly referred to by that name. It would seem it has several branches to operate through. It’s agents usually possess strange abilities probably related to the Darkness.

“O-Okay.” It took the man some time to warm up to it, but eventually he began to expound on who he was and how he came to be in this position.

“I’m just an office manager,” He explains, “I work for a telecommunications company. I’m not anyone important, I’m barely anything in the group, you have to believe me.” There’s a long pause, and then he begins to explain further. “I joined them a little after my wife died, a few months ago. They came to me when I was in a really bad place, and they explained that it was alright, and it was natural, and that if I went along with what I was feeling I could make things better. I didn’t-I didn’t want to die. And they were offering so much more. More power, a new life, things that could make me forget…so I started going to their meetings.”

He continued, alternating between speaking quickly, or slowly and hesitantly when he was unsure if the information would be well received. “I didn’t do a lot of stuff. I just moved people and things around, or picked them up, or went and watched people and places they told me to. They said if I kept doing well I’d be able to do the things they could do. I was supposed to pick up this book from a store and take it to the meeting. When I got there, though-“ Here he shudders visibly. “They came in. There was a woman there, she was like the one that you saw, but she was different. She had a-a spear. A spear, and armor, and she was just-“

At this point, he had to take another break before finishing: “She was just killing people. Even the ones that were using their powers. Some of them she let live, but the rest of her men took them. I just ran, I ran as fast as I could.”

Spoiler
    Show
    sun_tzu, I converted your computer roll to Occult. Whenever you're researching hidden, secret stuff it'll always be Occult no matter what methods you use. Thankfully, you got a success!

More questions?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "One of the most important questions for now, I believe, is the nature of those... creatures my companions were forced to deal with yesterday", Shirley notes thoughtfully, twirling the pencil in her hand; "clearly of unnatural origin, implying they were made, or created, or summoned somehow. Now, the question is, first, by whom; and, second, what kind of authority did you have over them? Was it you who ordered them to attack people, or did they acted on the orders to protect you, for example? And in case of latter, could you possibly order them to stop? You must understand, Mr. Gerald, that answers to these questions would in no small measure determine the extent of your guilt in the yesterday's accident; Just please, don't try to lie, for I will know." Suddenly not absent minded at all, she was catching his every word, a pencil at the ready to take notes.
    “I don’t know where they came from, but I’ve seen things like them before. Some of the members of our group, they could summon them. Sometimes out of the air, and sometimes-“ He hesitated. “There was a body they brought in once. They raised one out of it. I can’t though, I swear.” His head shook furiously. “I was running, and around when I got close to where you found me they started coming out of thin air. I just thought they were there to protect me, but they started to go after other people even when I was telling them to stay and help me.”

“I didn’t tell them to attack you. I swear. Please, I wouldn’t even if I could, I just wanted to get out. Please, if you let me go I’ll leave town. I’ll-I’ll go away. You’ll never see me again, I promise!”

Through all of this everyone got the sense that he wasn’t lying, though he seems keenly aware that his behavior and the people he’s decided to associate with are not very good individuals.

Spoiler
    Show
    More questions?
    Last edited by Inedible; 2012-10-18 at 02:46 PM.