View Single Post

Thread: Slang. I want it.

1. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Slang. I want it.

Weird NW portmanteau of hipster and bro speak INCOMING

Deck
    Cool. Not casually cool, but something that is really, really cool, in a cutting-edge kind of way.
    Have you heard the new Arcade Fire album? It's super deck.

Chill
    Also means cool, but in a more laid-back way, like when something unexpected goes in your favor or someone does you a solid and has your back.
    Yeah, I was late to class but my professor totally didn't care. So chill.

Pleb/Plebeian
    A person who is "mainstream" or not knowledgeable about indie culture. Often used tongue-in-cheek.
    Kyle and I were talking about new albums last night and he hadn't even heard the new Mountain Goats stuff. What a pleb, yeah?

HID
    A hipster in denial. The standard "hipster who hates other hipsters for being hipsters".
    He threatened to punch me after I complimented his hipster scarf for being so deck. Yesterday he was wearing flannel and rocking thick glasses. He's such a HID.

YOLO
    Alternate Definition: Used in situations of great caution or care. Used ironically to poke fun at people who use it seriously.
    I never drink and drive and I always wear a helmet while riding my bike. YOLO.

Swag
    Wealth or status. Often used ironically.
    Check these mechanical pencils, dawg. I got swag.

Dope
    See: Chill
    Man, Fight Club is dope as hell.

Bro (Also Brah, Broseidon, David Browie, and many more)
    Can either be a term of affection for a friend who has your back, or sardonically for guys who act stereotypically macho.
    Hey bro, what's up?

Ugh, those guys at The Vaccines concert were such bros. I could barely hear the band over them.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2012-10-22 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.
    Spoiler
    Show