Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
No no, the hack spots in Goddess are far better, by simple virtue of Goddess having actual walls around.
I disagree, walls suck. Walls mean escape routes getting cut off, which means Banshee grabs, Phantom stabs, teammates unable to reach/revive you, less directions to run when a grenade lands in your hack zone etc. In London, sure you can be attacked from more directions, but you can also run in more directions and not get hemmed in/synched by something with a massive hitbox. And I don't remember all the hack zones in Goddess, but the ones I do are on lower ground, making it easy for grenades to end up in your pocket.

As for Ravagers - kill on sight. Don't wait until their friends are in your face and forcing you out of cover, pick them off from as far away as you can and ignore everything that isn't a Banshee until you do. Use everything short of a missile to do so - go all out. It should be cake to do so on Silver, and that's another reason I like wide open maps - you can see them coming a mile away and deal with them accordingly.

Anyway, which map is "better" likely comes down to playstyle. I hate Goddess because it doesn't suit my playstyle, you hate London because it doesn't suit yours. Neither of us is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
If I were inclined to deal with the higher difficulty of gold on a regular basis, I'd already be doing it. As-is I only go to gold when I want to speed up money gain, and even that doesn't always work since gold games have a much higher failure rate than silver ones.
I've actually gotten to the point where I can do gold randoms, and have a reasonable chance (75-80%) of success, without farming tricks like FB White back in the day. It took awhile to get there but all you really need are practice and consumable capacity upgrades (because sometimes 1 medigel or 1 rocket is all that stands between 40000 credits and 70000.)

So it's definitely possible. you just have to stick to it. I know from our ME2 conversations that you're at my level difficulty-wise, it's just a matter of finding the right class for your playstyle and getting the consumables needed to make it through. I know you like Human Engineer for instance - I tore up a gold match with one, coming in first on Jade.