View Single Post

Thread: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

1. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.7: "That was for Thane"

Well now, saw something I very much so like today. Incinerate -> Warp = Fire Combo. Two powers that are individually good anti-armor abilities, now creating the second strongest combo in the game together on top of that. Suddenly Engineers and Adepts (and the Turian Sentinel) make much better partners than they ever did before.

Anyway, three more Premium packs. Still no Geth Engineer, and no Geth Plasma SMG either sadly. However, I got my final rank in the Striker, making it my first maxed-out rare weapon. I do believe my Demolisher will be seeing some play tomorrow.

Other than that, the only real notable acquisition was a rank for my Claymore, which is up to 8 now. I had forgotten it was up that high. I might need to check whether it's becoming a viable weapon for my Krogan Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Sure, sit there and die with your team instead of winning. But if they get murdered and you lea the enemy on a merry chase, you can clear the wave and being them back.
    Right, because I'm going to clear an entire wave that overwhelmed my whole team, in enough time to get back to the hack point and complete it with only one person uploading, on London. Unless it's wave 3 (in which case we likely won't get overwhelmed anyway), not gonna happen.

Just soloing part of a wave that far into a match is a challenge on much better maps (unless you happen to be playing a Krogan Vanguard, and even they have their limits). In an objective wave where enemies will infinitely respawn until the objective is completed, and where my ability to complete the objective is substantially reduced if my allies get killed? No, not possible.

You can pivot in cover 360 without losing cover. Even when you look opposite from it. That way you are smaller, possible to miss due to intervening cover you aren't rubbing on, and not getting shot from the new back. You're looking at it too literally.
    And if my finger on the stick moves even slightly, I pop out of the cover and need to get back into it and turn around again, all while getting shot. Not much help, that. Plus there's the things that does to your camera angles...

You're being purposefully silly now.
    No, I'm being honest. Better to quickly dispatch Husks when needed and otherwise focus on bigger threats - i.e. everything else - than waste time priming a detonation on them which likely won't hit anything else besides maybe other Husks because the Husk will be busy running at me while I'm waiting for my cooldown to finish (which is another reason Cryo Blast -> Incinerate is the only one I'd bother with on them, since the former both stops them cold wherever they are and has a ridiculously short cooldown).

Edit: Also, unless I'm the only one fighting that group of enemies, there's a decent chance of one of my allies gunning down any mooks I try to detonate while I'm setting it up. I learned that much way back when I was still working with the base Human classes, and it hasn't changed in all that time.

Only if everyone focuses in the same direction. You've got four guys and 3 avenues of entry.
    3? Only if you're fortunate enough to be in that room at the base of the central stairway, which, while still bad, is by far the best hack point on London. With the other ones you're basically open on all sides.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2012-10-24 at 11:23 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia