Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
On that note: Do you fear children?

Do you look at children, and realize that one day you are going to die? Do you look at them, and see that they tend to have underdeveloped moral skills and worry that they will murder you in your sleep? Do you see them and think "Oh no, that child may one day compete with me for my job and be better at it than I am? If the child isn't me, how can I ever understand it as another person, is it even a person, should we ever give it the chance to think things different than what we tell it to? What if that child grows up to be the next Adolf Hitler or Ghengis Khan and I could have stopped it by preventing the child's birth/killing it before it grows up to make its own choices? And do you think such questions reflect more an accurate picture of the risk to society posed by a given child, or the nature and parenting skills of the person asking the question?
Human beings are still humans. We can understand them. A robot is something inhuman, by definition. Who knows what they'll turn out like.