Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
Heh, well it's a good point, and was one of the arguments I had with myself on Amish/Cork's question earlier was about the scope of Job vs Skill.

In the end I let both apply because it was hard to justify separating Painter from Painting. I think carrying repair forward to making entirely new things might be a bit too much of a stretch, but I do want to be consistent in the treatment between PC's

Ok, how about this. If you think you need to fudge/stretch a stat, then the general answer is yes for jobs and no for skills unless you can come up with a decent argument as to why both apply, bearing in mind that the skill narrowly focused?

This would make the answer earlier to Cork a Yes for Job and No for Skill on the grounds that the 'painting' skill simply refers to his ability with the brush. That sound fair?

That's fine. If DB helps nurse the Ambassador a bit, that will be sufficient practice to justify the XP spend narratively.
Sounds fair to me.

FYI Sandy is making a lovely little detour specifically to hit me, so my power will likely go out for a few hours at least. I'll get in my post now.