View Single Post

Thread: 3rd Party Pathfinder (Hit or Miss?)

1. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 3rd Party Pathfinder (Hit or Miss?)

There is a lot of potential for abuse in a lot of those classes, but I will say that while they look overpowered, they really are not that bad on average.

Artificer still gets 9's from multiple sources. That pretty much defines tier 1. Dragon rider is fine if you do not allow multiclassing. If you do its broken as hell. Dragon rider 1 / wizard 19 gives you the same dragon as a 17 dragon rider. Overall it fits firmly in tier 3, but mixing in other classes can break it fast... perhaps call it a 1 level t2 dip.
    Eldritch godling, same issues as adept godling except it gets full spell casting. In play the biggest issue I saw with it was you REALLY do not want to prc out, even for something like incantatrix. Overall its t1, and probably a bit more powerful than sorc/wiz (you can use a minor ascendency to get a domain added to class spell list, and can use it more than once).
    Warlord - t3, but I'd move it up to t2 if you pick up leadership, landlord, and similar feats. One of the few mundanes that can, imho, be considered a true t2. Having said that, its a blast to play if you like the rp of being a bit, um, full of yourself.
    Last edited by AdamT; 2012-11-01 at 07:42 PM.