Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
But in general, this is a pretty bad idea. What makes exalted Exalted is the way that the magic and the divine pervade the world. By stripping out the magic, you're fundamentally changing the character of the setting.
Ah Exalted Legalism strikes again!

No, what makes Exalted Exalted is Creation and the cosmology. The presence or absence of magic is just a flavour on top of those things as far as I'm concerned.

Yes I'm changing the nature of the setting...by placing this premise in a place that is already divergent from the assumptions about Creation itself. It's the Wyld, the place where the Raksha are masters of all they survey, the place where anything they can imagine is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
At that point, it's better to use a different system, because while I don't think Exalted is as bad as memetics would have it, it's certainly not the best system and absolutely not good for low fantasy (there are far better systems I can recommend for that).
Uh, it's a given that I'd never use the crappy Storyteller system for anything anyway. I'm only interested in Exalted's setting, I have no time whatsoever for its mechanics.

But that said, the mortal scale is about the only one at which the native system actually functions. I played a brief mortals PbP game, and the mechanics were passable.

Furthermore, if you're not focused on the Exalts themselves, Exalted is a low fantasy setting. Where does D&D have rules for disease and infection at the level of detail the Exalted corebook does?