Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
Trade has existed for as long as, or longer than, recorded history. And where people get together to trade, they also swap information, gossip.
Tales of a blond witch who can take a spear to the guts or some other injury would spread quickly, especially by her standards.
Sure the tale of a blond witch who can take a spear to the gut would spread. But without anyone seeing her survive something that should kill her, she's just another blonde woman as long as nobody from the old town catches up with her. Anyway, assuming my Theory 2 was correct, she would have changed her appearance shortly after the guard failed to stab her to death. She just felt that busting the spear and walking away was the more expedient path to finding a new place than feigning death.

HOWEVER, I just did a bit of an archive binge and found some more convincing evidence that I am wrong. The Langdon Estate. If she can alter her appearance on even a human-age scale, she clearly would have had no trouble pretending to be old, thus allowing herself to keep the Langdon Estate and avoid being arrested as an imposter. THAT, I can't explain. Theory 2 executed.