Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
Well, the Gameplay is Baldur's Gate Gameplay with updated graphics.
I think it did an excelent job as a Baldur's Gate successor, but 15 years later that is not neccessarily the best way to make RPGs.

And the problem with the story is that it seems so complex and exciting at the end of the prologue and you really want to know what everything means and what things you don't know and will discover later on. But unfortunately, at the end of the prologue the story is basically over. There are four decent side-plots, but the main story is nonexisting.
My problem was that my origin story was at least mildly interesting. By the time I got the big old Helm's Deep battle where long odds says Obi-Wan bites it, it was abundantly clear that the story I was actually getting was a chirpy YA rendition of watered down sub-Tolkien drival that had been thoroughly played out twenty years ago. I maybe could have shlecked through to unite the peoples and stop the ancient evil yet again, but it was pretty hard to care about that when the game had just shown me it could do better. Not stupendously better perhaps, but the origins were at least trying.