View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    In many cases, there might just be some sort of journal you can keep. Do you have a friend that can corroborate it? Maybe the friend can write the "yes, I totally saw that too". But yeah, likely it will all have to be informal documentation. Maybe have some form of format? Maybe a schedule-like one?
    I feel like that would just be seen as aggressive or otherwise symptomatic. In my experience waving documentation around that's beyond what most people have available is a very, very bad idea. Gets seen as threatening/uncooperative.

In any case, I'm not really seeing what []i]benefit[/i] I'd be reaping from this. In my experience, even if I do offer documentation it doesn't count. You get crap like, oh, being blamed for not seeing anyone for months when their own system records that it took them 6 months to get you an appointment. Or people who won't believe you about your own financial situation - what am I supposed to do, bring my pay stubs and bank statements into the office? This type of person that the mental health system has simply will not work with you unless you fit into their boxes. If it wasn't this thing it would be something else.
    Last edited by WarKitty; 2012-11-07 at 07:02 PM.
    Kittyfey thanks to Kaarienne.

Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!