View Single Post

Thread: Microscope

1. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Microscope

Played some Microscope just less than a month ago.

We created a spanning sci-fi tale of AIs, aliens and transhumanism

The game got really exciting when someone laid down an event "Rise of the Great One" when no one knew what that meant.

Eventually a scene came up asking "How did the Great One come to be?" and eveyone picked thier roles until it got to me who was last. I said I was the first printed human. And I started playing this conflicted "perfect" man.

Later we had a scene for which cause the great one would follow. I reprised my role as the great one. In the scene an AI overlord spoke of him as an object and I objected to that. I said I found the term "Great One" offensive. The AI player retorted that is was my serial number and when I'd be put into mass production there would be a Great Two, Three etc.

Whoa! Did not see that one coming.

Eventually the Great One had to escape from the collapse of human civilisation but saved a little girl instead as the pod could only support one. The bounty hunter got me. And that was the final scene of the game.

That particular thread was really cool. I took a photograph of the table at the end so it's really easy to remember everything that happened, even weeks later.
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2012-11-08 at 03:25 AM.
    Attempting to say controversial things that everyone will agree with.