Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore lives View Post
Damn. I think one of the worst things is there was an amazing script made. In 2008 it was said that the script was, and I quote, "... a genre-defining piece of work that could well see us all arguing about whether or not a zombie movie qualifies as 'Best Picture' material." That sounds like exactly what I would have wanted for an adaptation of the book, which I personally enjoyed though I understand the detractors point of view.

Instead we get this Holiwoodized to the extreme thing I'm not allowed to say on this forum. Honestly I might watch it, but I won't pay for it, and I will hate it for ruining the chance of the original getting made, especially if it does well financially and given the lead actor and budget it probably will.
I wonder if that was the J. Michael Straczynski script, because I know he was one of the early ones taking a shot at it. Of course, there were probably at least a half-dozen iteration after his. I always envisioned something like Band of Brothers for this, but that's too much to hope for. It might still work as a popcorn flick on its own terms, I'll have to see more to get a better feeling, though.