Started my first game a few hours ago. Yeah, I know: it's several years old, but I don't care. I was in Game Stop a few days ago, just browsing their PS2 selection and I figured I'd buy it. Psychonauts was a game I knew about when it came out, and I always kind of wanted to play it, but never got around to buying it. I guess I was too busy downsizing the Greek pantheon, killing "zombies" in Europe, and beating the tar out of midgets, clowns, and demons.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it, which is kind of surprising if you think about it. If you couldn't guess by the games list above, I'm usually more a fan of beat-'em-ups and hack-and-slash; games that by the end you're accumulated a body count equal to that of a very large battle or quite possibly a small war. But the game is a ton of fun. It's one of the best platformers I've ever played. The mental levels are original, fun, and creative to explore and walk through. I also love the dialogue and characters.

Overall, I'm having fun. I just learned levitation. So feel free to be nostalgic and discuss a game that's like 7-8 years old. And please, remember spoilers where appropriate.