Laneside Bowling

Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
Laneside Bowling

These kids are going to pick at Justin's tastes forever aren't they? Also, at the very least, the cheese spread should at least smell sort of like cheese.

Lily is also met the the same cold air, but at the very least the cat reacts this time. It moves it's head along with her hand. Although neither feels any actual resistance, it can at least pretend like it's being petted.

"Feet? No. No no, Brand. I mean, like trauma therapy. A psychiatrist or something," Justin says before realizing those words likely don't mean much. "Sometimes when people go through bad experiences... Sometimes get through it and they're fine, but sometimes... most times I'd guess, it affects their behavior. Sometimes again, this can be bad for their health. A therapist tells them ways to... heal their emotions? Sort of? Helps them understand their problems and ways to curb harmful behavior. But, I'm so sorry Brand. It really wasn't my place to suggest all of that. Tito is happy boy and you have a wonderful family and I'm really, really sorry."

"I didn't know there were healers for emotional hurt," Brand says. "Do you think it would help?"

In the other room, Lily giggles. "Look. It's pretending I can pet it!" She continues to pretend as well. "Why can't I touch you?" she asks.

"Magic cat,"
Tito says dismissively. He tosses the cheese and cracker things in the trash. "I wonder how many days it's going to take to get this place all the way clean?"

Now I'm confused. Did the cat really eat the mutton? Or just pretend to eat it?

Institute of Human Studies

Spoiler
Show

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
[Institute of Humanist Studies]

Roberts coughs, raising an eyebrow at Bauer's remark. "...I am quite aware of that. However surely it makes sense to focus our efforts on the more common races present here? All I'm saying is that if this creature is entirely non-human, we're unlikely to learn anything of more value than we'd learn from something more commonly encountered."

After all, the scientists here aren't seriously intending to do a complete case-by-case analysis of every single living thing, are they? There's so much random stuff turning up in the Nexus every day...

Got to draw the line somewhere, right?

"Hmm, nothing in the external features stand out well enough to suggest what the ingredients that went into this were. Well, nothing that I recognise anyway. Have you encountered anything like this before?"

"I have not," Bauer says.