Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
There's a 5th edition out for it, and Chaos Daemons is the defacto source of Chaos Daemons, and the nature thereof along with the Liber Chaotica.

There isn't anything in the Codex: Chaos 6th edition that specifically out dates, or changes anything about the Chaos Gods being powered by emotions because that's their core concept.

Slannesh was born of the Hedonism of the Fall of the Eldar.

Khorne was born of the hatred, and bloodshed caused by the Crusades in Terra's middle ages.

Nurgle was born from life's fear of death, likely caused by The Nightbringer, and is the first born.

And Tzeentch was born at an undescribed period, but it is assumed he was spawned similarly.

To have this be rectonned would remove The Fall of the Eldar ENTIRELY, and would require the Eye of Terror not to exist.
No the ignore-con is to positive emotions. I think (I haven't actually had a chance to check myself) that it's only negative emotions that power the Chaos Gods now.

While Ordos Xenos does have some Eldar information they really don't have that much access to pretty much anything Eldar related except for a few (literally one to three people) in the last few thousand years. After all to the Imperium in general a handful of Wraithbone is a big deal. Or a single empty soulstone.