Some undeservedly late responses, sorry.
Quote Originally Posted by Conor77 View Post
Hmm. Looks interesting. Only thing I might mention is that Wizards seem like kind of a stickler for the Vancian system, rather than your spell point system. This may not matter if you plan on not having wizards as 3.5 D&D, but just something to keep in mind. The learning spells and books and stuff seems like it wouldn't work in the system, but perhaps if people really wanted the flavor of the wizard there could be some kind of Scroll-a-mancer guy who scribes infinite scrolls in his spellbook and then uses them sparingly or something. Or that could be a prestige class. I don't know. This system will probably work just fine for everyone else though.
Wizards would get a bit more complex, I suppose. The idea Eldan was proposing is that you basically spend the spell points at the time you prepare the spells-- preparing becoming a more literally sort of "pre-casting," where you're limited by your total points, instead of spells slots/level. Or you could do something more like the spirit shaman.

I don't see any problems, except a few with some small bits of math. I know my players would balk at least a little at the calculations present, and I'd have to walk them through it a few times. But that's what spell point per level tables are for, right?
Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by DonEsteban View Post
You could use the result from your caster level check to cast the spell and apply it to spell resistance as well. Same with the attack roll, if you wanted. It would just be a "spell competence check" which has to beat spell DC, target's AC and spell resistance. The drawback is that it would devaluate SR a bit and higher level spells would tend to either fumble or hit (but not "be cast successfully and then miss").

A minor point: You might want some rules to limit cantrip spamming. A 30 cantrips per hour limit or something.
Ehh... seems a bit overbroad for a lot of spells. Cantrip spamming... yeah, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
Feels fine to me. If you have SR, you don't need to dodge as far from a fireball since your SR can compensate for a few tongues of flame, magic webs or ensnaring plants can't quite find purchase on your skin, lines bend around you if they don't hit you solidly....
Good point. You're right.