Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
And the explanation that he's somehow not human anymore? Am I the only one who immediately assumed that this means he's all tentacle monster under the hood now, like the Battlecasters? It's really the only way I can think of that would somehow work, at least. Of course, that would make it not at all a valid answer to the question about the king's apparently no longer relevant moral qualms about enchanting humans, but...
Elemental Changeling, perhaps? Maybe he got so engrossed in lightning magic that he found a way to become one of them, like Jacob the Necromancer looking for a way to become an undead, or something.

This theory doesn't explain 1) why nobody else knew about it before now 2) why it's supposed to be so sinister as a revelation 3) why it's NOT tentacle time, but it DOES continue to paint King DJ as a racist, so in DD:OfH thats probably enough for it to get by.

On the other hand; a magnificently powerful psyker Archmage ascends to ultimate power ands bans mutants, heretics and xenos non-humans from his burgeoning empire... I'm almost kinda hoping that DJ renames himself 'the Emperor' of Callan and going on some sort of crusade. Possibly starting with the Orks on Mars the orcs in Maltak.

I would forgive Mookie ever-so-much if this were the case....