Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
Just finished a friday night magic two-headed giant draft tournament.
managed to get 3rd place out of four teams.
I'm thinking of trying it again someday, if only to see if I could do a bit better by adjusting the amount of basic lands i use in it(while me and my teammate were building our decks we planned to have him focus on defense, and me on attacking...but I ended up only drawing enough basic lands in 1 out of 3 of the matches, sticking to 1-2 mana buffs/debuffs in the other two matches due to a lack of mana for me.
So in a 40 card minimum two-headed giant draft, how much of the deck should be lands?, And is tri mana decks for both of us a decent strategy? Also, is packrat still a good card in two-headed giant drafts?, I did manage to get one in my deck, but it seemed like it wasn’t as strong in two-headed giant as it is in a 1 vs 1 tournament.
edit: just now remembered to ask this; are non-set foil cards usable in standard if their normal version is usable in standard?(I managed to get a foil lingering spirits with a comet instead of a normal set symbol)
In draft, 2-3 colours is possible. Even 4. Depending on what you get.

When I last drafted, I went Slessy. My partner went Azorious. We got wiped in the first game so we changed stuff up. I went Bant (GWU) because I had the ramp and fixing to make it worth while and so we could cast supreme verdict and stuff and my partner put together a RB deck

And for draft. 17 lands. 23 other cards is the accepted best mix.