View Single Post

Thread: Favorite Genesis and SNES games?

1. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Favorite Genesis and SNES games?

Never owned Genesis. Short list of my favorite SNES games, something remotely resembling an order:
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Super Mario World (Allstars too if you haven't played the NES ones, of course)
    • Final Fantasy VI/III (curiously, the western localization is fairly good too, unlike with Final Fantasy 4 for which you need the Japanese version or a remake to really experience its potential)
    • Super Mario RPG
    • A Link to the Past
    • Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (alas, Super Turbo was never released on consoles; original SFII is the groundbreaking game, of course, but the vastly expanded number of playable characters makes New Challengers more interesting, and few new moves and changed priorities really improve the balance so given the choice I'd rather introduce myself to The New Challengers than World Warrior now; anyways, make sure to play SOME Street Fighter II, those games are made of awesome and have good versus multiplayer)
    • Super Metroid
    • Secret of Mana
    • Axelay
    • Lufia II
    • Megaman X
    • Secret of Mana
    • Turtles in Time
    • Super Castlevania 4
    • NHL '94
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-11-17 at 02:43 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    Tier System For Classes & Why Each Class Is In Its Tier - Obligatory Reads Before Balance Discussions

My apologies if I leave a discussion unfinished. Feel free to PM me anything.