Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
S3e3
Spoiler
Show
But Pinkie has been doing this since the very first episode. We either have to acknowledge them all as visual gags purely for the audience - where Pinkie dashing in the air, laughing away faces on trees, blowing fingers on her hooves, or making G3 faces are just audience-references for the silly things Pinkie is doing - or we acknowledge them all as reality-warping capabilities that Pinkie has possessed the whole time.

I'm just not seeing Pinkie's antics this time, especially Pinkie responding to Pinkie's antics, is any different than Pinkie's anitics every other time.
Spoiler
Show
It's different because Dash actually acknowledges that this is real, that it is a thing (the dive). Now, you could probably ignore the rest because none of the ponies react to it (that I remember, off the top of my head), but Dash asking "how did you do that?" tells us that we have no good reason to believe that her friends don't also notice all the rest (and just don't ask about it on screen). That's what has me concerned.

Pinkie having magic/psionics/whatever would be fine if it was presented as such and made to fit within the setting, but it's blatantly not. It is intentionally presented and now acknowledge IC as the utter reality defying cartoon physics that it is.