View Single Post

Thread: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewercop View Post
    Q36

Can you enchant a weapon with stat bonuses?

Say i want a quarterstaff that gives me +2 to inteligence, is that legal.

Wondrous items that donít match the affinity for a particular body slot should cost 50% more than wondrous items that match the affinity.

So is it legal?
    Not sure on the official answer there, but fyi, a magic weapon isn't a "wondrous item". As far as I know, stat-boosting items MUST occupy a body slot, even if it's not the traditional one. An item held in your hands can't accomplish this, as best I can tell.
    A36 clarification: Ioun stones are slotless wondrous items, some of which provide an enhancement bonus to statistics (at a +100% cost), and can be sundered (like a weapon). Also, some wondrous items can be used as weapons (see Mattock of the Titans)

I see nothing prohibiting it. However, as with any custom magic item, you must ensure that your DM approves the construction, and assigns the cost (I recommend +100% of a slotted statistic enhancement bonus item).
    Last edited by mattie_p; 2012-11-17 at 06:08 PM.
    This forum may use my name, simulated likeness, and/or words for any entertainment purposes or signature quotes.

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier. It is just like Iron Chef but comes with double the prize money.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:
    Eglath - 2nd Place Iron Chef XXXII

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.