View Single Post

Thread: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXII

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewercop View Post
    Q36

Can you enchant a weapon with stat bonuses?

Say i want a quarterstaff that gives me +2 to inteligence, is that legal.

Wondrous items that donít match the affinity for a particular body slot should cost 50% more than wondrous items that match the affinity.

So is it legal?
    Not sure on the official answer there, but fyi, a magic weapon isn't a "wondrous item". As far as I know, stat-boosting items MUST occupy a body slot, even if it's not the traditional one. An item held in your hands can't accomplish this, as best I can tell.
    A36 clarification: Ioun stones are slotless wondrous items, some of which provide an enhancement bonus to statistics (at a +100% cost), and can be sundered (like a weapon). Also, some wondrous items can be used as weapons (see Mattock of the Titans)

I see nothing prohibiting it. However, as with any custom magic item, you must ensure that your DM approves the construction, and assigns the cost (I recommend +100% of a slotted statistic enhancement bonus item).
    Last edited by mattie_p; 2012-11-17 at 06:08 PM.
    Chairman of Zinc Saucier. Currently judging made from scratch Flayerspawn Psychics. It is just like Iron Chef but comes with double the prize money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Grath - Southern Comfort Campaign
    Prizes:
    Eglath - 2nd Place Iron Chef XXXII

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium. Adopt an Avatar today.