Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Lord View Post
Let's count the times Orihime could have dealt with things after learning she has god-like super powers:
1. She could have destroyed the otherwise indestructible Hogyoku after Aizen was beaten, meaning we could have executed him and removing him as a threat forever. Instead she just played nurse to Ichigo like she always does.
2. Undo Ichigo's loss of Soul Reaper powers. True, it makes (or would have made) a better ending, but it would have kept him from spending seventeen months moping about and we could have avoided the Fullbring arc altogether.
3. Fix-up Momo. Toshiro would still have had the motivation to train harder, not that we're ever going to see the results of it at this rate.
4. Fix Renji's bankai. Don't think Ikkaku would ask...though he did tell Mayuri, so maybe his too.
5. Fix Ichigo's bankai, and thus spare us from whatever idiocy is going to happen in the next few chapters.
6. Restore Soul Society, bring back every Soul Reaper who was killed and give Bach and his cronies a giant middle finger.
7. Restore the stolen Bankais, undo everyone's injuries. Shunsui would continue to wear the eyepatch because it makes him more badass.
2, 3, 4 and 5 I certainly agree with. 6 I don't think could happen, since when a spirit dies, it disappears completely, and Orihime still needs a tiny bit of substance to target with her powers. 7 might be possible, but only if the bankai are counted to actually be a part of the shinigami.

Otherwise she could be bringing back basically everything ever that was ever stolen or destroyed. In that particular case, I could actually see why Yamamoto wouldn't want to use her powers, believing that nobody should have that kind of power. He'd likely sooner want to have those powers gone, but he wouldn't kill her either, for obvious reasons.

1 would be a bad idea, since to get Aizen back to his state before he merged with the Hogyoku, she'd first have to reverse him back to him in the state of his highest evolution. And that'd be bad.