Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
The entire thing has to be read in context with the earlier posts, otherwise the whole thing would make no sense. Case in point: "this adds more credibility to the theory", the theory which was presented in the earlier posts and restated there. Even if you were to read it without reading any prior posts, the wording shows that there were earlier relevant posts that must be considered.
I read them all in sequence, but didn't go back to reread earlier posts, instead choosing to go by my memory of previous ones when contemplating the ones following. As I said, I already had an idea of what your theory was, and it was good enough to fit perfectly into context, but not accurate enough to not lead to misconceptions. The fault is on my side, but it was an honest mistake that stems from how different persons percieve the same object or event differently, and the way you usually go about reading on a forum (left to right, top to bottom, earlier page to latter and without going back unless something doesn't make sense).

Clueless to the possibility, not clueless to the "facts". She didn't notice, then kept denying, that there was even a possibility.
Or more clued to the situation than anyone else around these parts, which also could be a reason for vehemoth denial.

There are ways to call someone clueless as an insult, but clueless to matters of friendship and affection almost never mean that. It is often said in an endearing manner, even.
Indeed, and I do not in any way doubt that those were your intentions, but I didn't see it this way at first.

Ultimately, what concerns me the most, was not that you misinterpreted it the first time (miscommunications happen all the time, even on things that are absolutely crystal clear), but that you further pushed it a second time after explanation.
That's because even after your first explanation, I didn't understand what you meant, because your explanation didn't actually explain very much. I was still going by the idea that "theory" was refering to what I though was your theory, and the following sentence in your previous post being an enumeration of premises, which is why I pressed the point. The misconceptions weren't solved until your following post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
Goodnight, Teddifer.

I am contacting the budgie agent in your area: here is his portrait. He will be carrying a pink plum blossom so you know he is not an imposter.
Spoiler
Show
*budgieee :3*

His clear and gentle tweeting will soothe and replenish your taxed mind while you rest [he likes scratches on the top of his head and sunflower seeds].
Ahh, I was well asleep by his arrival, but since I feel mostly soothed and replenished, I do in no way doubt he did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
I owe some replies to my esteemed dialogists, but I cannot bear to read the last few pages back until my own head is a little less tender.
Take your time, life holds nothing for those who won't slow down and catch their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
Accursed inclement weather.
We lost power last night, and I don't know how to change the microwave from pounds to kilograms!

Also, I have art that I wanted to finish yesterday, and there's another storm coming. Everything is very damp at the moment...

Still, it gave me an excuse to light candles and read by them.
Reading by the candle light is the best. I silently hope for the power to go out this Christmas too, so I can repeat this proceedure from last year. Sadly, this upcoming Christmas won't be celebrated out of town, so neither the likelyhood nor the cosiness of such an event is going to be especially high...